CodeRefinery Online Workshop in Best Practices and Tools for Scientific Software Development
September 20 @ 09:00 - September 29 @ 12:10 CESTFree
This CodeRefinery online workshop will take place during 4 half-days in two installments, September 20-23 and September 26-29, 2022.
In this course, you will become familiar with tools and best practices for scientific software development. This course will not teach a programming language, but we teach the tools you need to do programming well and avoid common inefficiency traps. The tools we teach are practically a requirement for any scientist that has to do their own programming. The main focus is on using Git for efficiently writing and maintaining research software.
This is an informal and interactive event with type-along lessons, live coding, and exercises. Learners are divided into exercise teams for interactivity – register with a friend! If you feel a bit more confident in the material, you can register as an exercise leader.
The workshop will be held online, see options at how to join:
- Everyone watches the main teaching via a livestream at https://twitch.tv/coderefinery. If you register, you can get emails and link to ask questions.
- You can also register to attend our Zoom breakout rooms (limited places), and you will be placed into a small, interactive breakout room. Please only register for Zoom if you want to actively take part in the exercises (read more).
- Some partners offer in-person breakout rooms and help, see below.
Before signing up please also read this privacy note about the tools/services we use.
These partners offer local support, such as breakout rooms, to their local groups. Become a partner to support your community!
- Aalto University:
- Local in-person exercise session and local support.
- Possibility of credit points to those in Finland (more info later).
For up-to-date schedule please visit the course’s page https://coderefinery.github.io/2022-09-20-workshop/.
For registration please follow this link: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/1417/registrations/1051/