- This event has passed.
CodeRefinery Online Workshop in Best Practices and Tools for Scientific Software Development
2022-09-20 @ 09:00 - 2022-09-29 @ 12:10 CESTFree
This CodeRefinery online workshop will take place for 6 half-days in two instalments, September 20-22 and September 27-29, 2022.
In this course, you will become familiar with tools and best practices for scientific software development. This course will not teach a programming language, but we teach the tools you need to do programming well and avoid common inefficiency traps. The tools we teach are practically a requirement for any scientist that has to do their own programming. The main focus is on using Git for efficiently writing and maintaining research software.
This is an informal and interactive event with type-along lessons, live coding, and exercises. Learners are divided into exercise teams for interactivity, either in online meeting rooms or in-person in one of several locations (including Stockholm)– so register with a friend! If you feel a bit more confident in the material, you can register as an exercise leader.
Workshop lectures will be streamed online, but participation can either be online or onsite in a local in-person get-together:
- Both online and onsite participants watch the main teaching via a livestream at https://twitch.tv/coderefinery.
- There will be an in-person meetup located on KTH camps in Stockholm, organised by SNIC and ENCCS, for people in the Stockholm/Uppsala region (registration form). For other meetup locations see the main workshop page.
- You can also register to attend a Zoom breakout room (limited places), and you will be placed in a small, interactive breakout room with an exercise leader. Please only register for Zoom if you want to actively take part in the exercises. Registration via the main workshop page.
- If you prefer to participate and work on exercises independently you can indicate that in the general registration form. You will still receive the link to an online document where you can ask questions during the workshop. Registration via the main workshop page.
- See further information on how to join at https://coderefinery.github.io/2022-09-20-workshop/join/
Before signing up please also read this privacy note about the tools/services we use.
For an up-to-date schedule please visit the course’s page https://coderefinery.github.io/2022-09-20-workshop/.
To register for the in-person meet-up in Stockholm please follow this link: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/1417/registrations/1051/
For any other type of registration, please see instructions on the central workshop page: https://coderefinery.github.io/2022-09-20-workshop/
For questions relating to the in-person meetup in Stockholm: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any other workshop or registration-related questions: email@example.com