Training and event organisation is a priority for ENCCS. Many training events will be offered in collaboration with SNIC, PRACE, the LUMI consortium and other national infrastructure and industry partners. The focus is on high-end usage but introductory-level topics on AI and HPDA are also covered. The training events are designed after a careful examination of the HPC competence needs in Swedish academia and industry sectors.
ENCCS also plans to host three hackathons where research groups developing HPC or AI software will be invited to work with expert mentors on well-defined projects for a full week. The first two hackathons will be hosted in 2021 and will focus on GPU computing and OpenMP, while the third will take place in 2022 and be dedicated to AI methods.
- 17-26 November 2020 – CodeRefinery/ENCCS Online Workshop – Tools and Best Practices in Modern Research Software Development
- 1-4 December 2020 – SNIC online training course – An introduction to parallel programming using Message Passing with MPI (ENCCS associated event)
- 8-11 December 2020 – ENCCS online training course – Intermediate and advanced MPI topics (More information to follow soon)
- 12-13 January 2021: BioExcel/ENCCS, “Advanced topics with GROMACS” (More information to follow soon)
- 16-17 February 2021 – ENCCS/CSC Practical Deep Learning workshop